Der Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF)
The TestDaF is a language examination at an advanced level. It covers levels B2 to C1 of the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference. The TestDaF exam is the language qualification that facilitates admission to university and is recognized by every university in Germany.
No specialist knowledge is required.
By successfully completing your TestDaF, you prove that you can:
- find important items of information in short texts of different types,
- understand details and complete statements in journalistic and scientific texts that relate to scientific or socio-political issues,
- obtain detailed information in everyday situations,
- follow interviews or dialogues on study-related or general scientific topics,
- understand presentations on scientific topics,
- draft your own well-structured and understandable text and present arguments,
- describe, summarize and compare data,
- adopt a justified position in discussions and conversations, weigh up alternatives and also make hypotheses.
Further information and exercises for the TestDaF